STUDENT TRAVEL INFORMATION
Waco, Texas lovingly referred to as the heart of Texas experiences a mild seasonal variation of the course of a year with an average temperature of 66°F (18°C). Our hottest weather can be found in late May to late September with the average high above 89°F (31°C). Our coolest weather last for about 3 months and starts around late November and going until about late February, with average high below 66°F (18°C). The clearest skies can be found between the end of May to the middle of November. Our rainfall varies much through out the year. Our wetter season typically starts around mid October and ends around the end of June with only a 26% chance of rain or snow. Our windier part of the year is between late October and ends around the beginning of June. The average wind speed in those months is around 9.6 miles per hour (15.5 kmph).
|MONTH||AVERAGE HIGH||AVERAGE LOW|
|January||59°F / 15°C||35°F / 01°C|
|February||62°F / 16°C||39°F / 03°C|
|March||69°F / 20°C||46°F / 07°C|
|April||77°F / 25°C||54°F / 12°C|
|May||84°F / 28°C||64°F / 17°C|
|June||91°F / 32°C||71°F / 21°C|
|July||95°F / 35°C||74°F / 23°C|
|August||96°F / 35°C||74°F / 23°C|
|September||90°F / 32°C||67°F / 19°C|
|October||80°F / 26°C||56°F / 13°C|
|November||69°F / 20°C||46°F / 07°C|
|December||60°F / 15°C||37°F / 02°C|
Attire While Training
Flight Suits are required for students during flight training periods. For non-flight students business casual is required for training.
Attire While Not Training
Waco is a fairly casual city. Most attractions, festivals and museums don’t require a dress code. Some higher end restaurants will but even then a button down with nice jeans and shoes are all that are required. Cool clothing like shorts and T-shirts are optimal during summer months. A light jacket or sweatshirt might be necessary during fall and springtime. During the winter more layers maybe required (coats, gloves, scarfs etc.)
Payment is expected prior to the commencement of training as outlined in the quote and invoice sent to the customer. Upon receiving the invoice payment is due upon receipt. Night Flight Concepts accepts checks, cashier’s checks, traveler’s checks, credit cards, and wire transfers. Training certificates maybe withheld until full payment is received. No exceptions unless previously outlined. All payments should be made in US Dollars. No cash payments will be accepted.
- Credit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Check made payable to Night Flight Concepts, Inc
- Cashier’s check and Traveler’s check (Must originate from the country the student is from or from the US)
- Wire Transfer
Night Flight Concepts, Inc
701 Airline Drive
Waco, TX 76705
Cancellation / Change
Night Flight Concepts is continuously trying to provide the best customer service possible. To continue to ensure that we have instituted and are enforcing a cancellation and change policy which became effective in 2018. The policy was created to ensure we are able to schedule all of our valued customers.
Onsite & Offsite Training Cancellation
- Greater than 30 days from training course start date: No Penalty
- 16-30 Days from registered course start date: 10% Fee of Invoice
- 7-15 Days from registered course start date: 25% Fee of Invoice
- Less than 7 Days from registered course start date: Payment in Full
Night Flight Concepts reserves the right to cancel or change any training course at any time for any reason when notice is provided to the customers.
Waco Regional Airport (ACT)
7909 Karl May Dr, Waco, TX 76708
(about 20 minutes to Training Facility)
Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)
2400 Aviation Dr, DFW Airport, TX 75261
(about 1 hour, 45 minutes to Training Facility)
Dallas Love Field (DAL)
Love Field Dr, Dallas, TX 75235
(about 1 hour, 45 minutes to Training Facility)
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS)
3600 Presidential Blvd, Austin, TX 78719
(about 2 hours to Training Facility)
For any hotel listed, mention you are with Night Flight Concepts, Inc to receive a corporate discount (by phone only).
All hotels listed are less than 10 to 15 minutes away from the training center.
- 4th on the Brazos (Fourth of July Celebration)
- Art on Elm Avenue (Free Pop-up art exhibit)
- Brazos Nights (Multi-night outdoor concert event)
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta (Cinco de Mayo celebration)
- Deep in the Heart Film Festival (Local Film Makers show off their work)
- Heart O’ Texas Fair and Rodeo (Annual Fair and Rodeo)
- Heart of Texas Airshow (Annual Air Show on TSTC Airfield)
- Homestead Fair (Annual Fair with handcrafted items and educational demonstrations)
- Homestead Labor Day Sorghum Festival (Annual Fair with handcrafted items and educational demonstrations)
- Juneteenth Family Fun Day (“Empowerment Driven by Knowledge Coalition”)
- Margarita and Salsa Festival
- Pints in the Park (Local Beers and BBQ)
- Rootstock (a Texas wine festival)
Cities Near Waco
Tip: Don’t forget to check out the Stockyards and all of it’s cowboy history.
Tip: Check out all the major sports teams like Dallas Cowboys, Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks and Dallas Stars.
Tip: This is the capital of Texas with A huge art scene including Art, Food, Music and much more.
Tip: Don’t forget to check out the space center. Also there is all kinds of professional sports teams like Astros, Rockets, and Texans.
If you would like a downloadable version of this travel information guide, click the button to download.